Colonel Douglas S. Dudley is the Commander, Air Force Network Integration Center, a direct reporting unit to Air Force Space Command, at Scott Air Force Base, Ill. AFNIC serves as the Air Force technical center of excellence for enterprise engineering and integration. In collaboration with Headquarters Air Force Space Command, 24th Air Force and the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, AFNIC supports the nation’s warfighter by providing data-driven, decision-quality information and technical expertise required to design, develop and deploy air, space and cyberspace systems and capabilities onto the Air Force network. Modeled on a cross-functional, process-based approach, the Center uses the Information Technology Service Management framework, an innovative industry standard, to provide integration services including: strategic and deliberate planning; engineering, design and analysis; implementation standards; capability validation; and problem and change management.
Colonel Dudley received his commission in 1990 through the Reserve Officer Training Corps program at Baylor University. Throughout his career, Colonel Dudley has held a variety of positions in cyberspace support and operations from base to Air Staff-level in eight separate major commands, as well as four joint organizations and has commanded at the squadron and group level. He and his wife Lisa have been married for over 25 years. Prior to his current
position, Colonel Dudley was the Director of Communications and Chief Information Officer, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio.
1990 Bachelor of Business Administration in Computer Information Systems, Baylor University, Waco, Texas
1991 Basic Communications-Computer Officer Training Course, Keesler Air Force Base, Mississippi
1995 Advanced Communications-Computer Officer Training Course, Keesler AFB, Mississippi
1996 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama
1996 Masters of Computer Systems Management, Creighton University, Omaha, Nebraska
2005 Master of Military Operational Art and Science, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Alabama
2010 Master of Science in National Security Strategy, National War College, Ft. Leslie J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2016 Chief Information Officer Certificate, National Defense University, Ft. Leslie J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
1. August 1991 – May 1993, Software Engineer, 513th Test Squadron, Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska
2. May 1993 – October 1994, Chief, Configuration Management Branch, 513th Engineering and Test Squadron, Offutt AFB, Nebraska
3. October 1994 – February 1997, Command Center Communications Team Chief, Operations Directorate (J-3), United States Strategic Command, Offutt AFB, Nebraska
4. February 1997 – March 1999, Mission Systems Flight Commander, later, Information Systems Flight Commander, 17th Communications Squadron, Goodfellow Air Force Base, Texas (June 1998 – October 1998, Support Flight Commander, 4418th Airlift Squadron (Provisional), Seeb Air Base, Sultanate of Oman)
5. March 1999 – May 1999, Deputy Squadron Commander, 43d Communications Squadron, Pope Air Force Base, North Carolina
6. May 1999 – March 2000, Executive Officer, 43d Support Group, Pope AFB, North Carolina
7. March 2000 – March 2002, Chief, Information Assurance and Configuration Management Branch, Automated Information Systems Division, later, Chief, Information Assurance Division, Directorate of Command, Control Communications and Computers (J-6), Joint Special Operations Command, Fort Bragg, North Carolina
8. April 2002 – January 2003, Assistant Chief, Knowledge Engineering Office, Directorate of Operational Plans and Joint Force Development (J-7), the Joint Staff, Washington, D.C.
9. January 2003 – July 2004, Deputy Chief, Operations Division, Office of the Chief Information Officer, the Joint Staff, Washington, D.C.
10. August 2004 – June 2005, student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Alabama
11. July 2005 – May 2007, Chief, Command, Control, Communications and Computers Resources Branch, Communications and Information Directorate, Headquarters United States Air Forces in Europe, Ramstein Airbase, Germany
12. June 2007 – June 2009, Commander, 61st Communications Squadron, Los Angeles Air Force Base, California
13. July 2009 – June 2010, student, National War College, Ft. Leslie J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
14. June 2010 – December 2010, Deputy Chief, Cyber Infrastructure Strategy Division, Network Services Directorate, Secretary of the Air Force Office of Warfighting Integration and Chief Information Officer, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
15. January 2011 – April 2012, Deputy Chief, Network Systems Division, Cyberspace Operations Directorate, Secretary of the Air Force Office of Warfighting Integration and Chief Information Officer, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C. (April 2011 – October 2011, Chief, Enterprise Operations, Directorate of Command, Control, Communications and Computers (J6), United States Force-Iraq, Baghdad, Iraq)
16. March 2012 – July 2012, Chief, Cyberspace Policy Division, Air Force Office of Cyberspace Operations, Secretary of the Air Force Office of Warfighting Integration and Chief Information Officer, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
17. July 2012 – July 2014, Commander, 1st Special Operations Mission Support Group, Hurlburt Field, Florida
18. July 2014 – June 2015, Deputy Director of Communications, Installations, and Mission Support, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio.
19. June 2015 – January 2017, Director of Communications and Chief Information Officer, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio.
20. February 2017 – Present, Commander, Air Force Network Integration Center, Scott Air Force Base, Illinois.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Iraq Campaign Medal with bronze star
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal with silver star
Air Force Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal
1993 Air Warfare Center Communications-Computer Professionalism Award
1995 United States Strategic Command, Operations Directorate (J3) Company Grade Officer of the Year
1997 AETC Lieutenant General Leo Marquez Communications-Electronics Maintenance Company Grade Manager of the Year Award
1997 AETC Maintenance Effectiveness Award
1997 17th Communications Squadron Company Grade Officer of the Year
1998 AETC Communications and Information Outstanding Company Grade Officer of the Year
1998 17th Communications Squadron Company Grade Officer of the Year
1998 17th Support Group Company Grade Officer of the Year
2000 United States Special Operations Command Information Assurance Professional of the Year
2006 HQ USAFE Communications and Information Outstanding Field Grade Officer of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 19, 1990
First Lieutenant October 25, 1992
Captain October 25, 1994
Major December 1, 2001
Lieutenant Colonel October 1, 2006
Colonel March 1, 2012
(Current as of 15 March 2017)